Sustainability is more than greenhouse gas emissions and recycling. Sustainability is a strategy for delivering long-term economic benefits to communities of all sizes. The Sustainable Communities Leadership Summit 2012 will focus on sustainability as a lens for enhancing economic prosperity and a strategy for gaining competitive advantage.
The summit, intended for mayors, councilmen, municipal staff and community business leaders, is presented by the Applied Sustainability Center in the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas.
• Find out if your local economy is leaking and learn about policies and strategies to retain wealth locally.
• Learn about sustainability as a strategy to attract new investment.
• Explore job creation in the local economy through energy policy decisions.
• Network with sustainability professionals and elected leaders.
• Enjoy field trips, workshops, and breakout sessions focused on sustainability as economic development strategy.
Fayetteville, Arkansas, located in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, is the host city for this year’s summit. Visit http://asc.uark.edu to register and find out more!tags Sustainability, University Of Arkansas, Fayetteville Ar cost
- The Chancellor Hotel
- 70 N East Ave
- Fayetteville, AR 72701