In addition to an off-grid solar display, the FREE Solar Expo sponsored by Solar Planet offers 1 hour seminars including:
SPV501 PV Systems and Applications
9am–10am and 1pm-2pm
The SolPowerPeople Photovoltaic (PV) Systems and Applications Seminar is an introductory seminar providing a rudimentary overview of solar photovoltaic system types and applications. Course content is derived in part from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Photovoltaic Entry Level Learning Objectives. Highlights include PV systems and system components. Completion of this course provides a basic understanding of the various types of PV Systems and the many types of applications to which they are deployed. This seminar is good for 1 CEU for Iowa electricians.
SPV501 Learning Objectives:
1. Describe system types and applications for photovoltaic systems
2. Define fundamental solar energy terms and concepts
3. Identify and describe the features and benefits of various PV technologies
4. Describe purpose, operation, features and benefits of photovoltaic system components for direct PV, grid-tied, off-grid bimodal and hybrid PV systems
SPV502 Understanding Iowa’s Solar Potential & Viability
11am-12pm and 3pm-4pm
The SolPowerPeople SPPI Understanding Iowa’s Solar Potential and Viability Seminar provides an overview of the solar potential and viability for the state of Iowa. Course content is derived in part from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Photovoltaic Entry Level Learning Objectives. Highlights include an analysis of the solar resource available for the state, and what that translates to in terms of potential renewable energy generation. This seminar is good for 1 CEU for Iowa electricians.
SPV502 Learning Objectives:
1. Describe total solar resource available for the state of Iowa
2. Identify web-based tools to utilize to determine energy output based on PV system size
3. Identify web-based resources to determine available local, state, and national incentives
Knowledge and Experience Assumptions:
These seminars have no specific pre-requisites. No solar industry experience is assumed.
Certificate of Completion:
At the conclusion of each seminar, participants will be given a Certificate of Completion as verification of successful completion of all requirements.tags Solar Energy cost
Iowa Welcome Center
300 Main St Dubuque, IA 52001